Explore Ausangate Hike on a friendly budget, located in Peru, with plan Ausangate trek mountain 5 days 4 nights. Ausangate Peru is hiking through beautiful landscapes of the Andes mountains, plus camping and fresh food cooked along the route, and enjoy the night stars views at the camping, and some snow-capped mountains.
Moreover, we see plenty of llamas and alpacas animals, also the Inca living culture people, who live in houses made of stone walls with thatched roofs, and they speak Quechua language and this language has been spoken in Machupicchu Inca city time.
This trekking Ausangate is well recommended for the nature lovers, since we see some snow-capped mountains, llamas and alpacas animals, and living culture people.
This Ausangate adventure is a stunning trek, through the wildest and rarely visited areas in Cusco region Peru country, moreover, you will be guided by an experienced tour guide, from the beginning to the end, and then have some delicious food cooked by our professional chef, along the route.
Most important horses carry all the equipment in this adventure, from the beginning to the end
Also, we are one of the tour companies in Cusco, Peru, well recommended with more than 371 excellent reviews, from our real customers
Ausangate Trek Cusco
Mainly this adventure to Ausangate trek mountain 5 days 4 nights is a good hike, more than the traditional Inca trail hike to Machu Picchu since this trek has some nice lagoons, native animals, and beautiful mountain ranges, then some remote villages.
So, according to the Peru’history of the living culture of people on this hiking route, it is like this, when the Spanish people arrived in Peru some Inca people had time to run away, from the Spanish army, arriving at these mountains of Ausangate.
So, nowadays still they live here, keeping their ancestor’s skills.
Also, they get married like the Inca times used to be, and plus they practice the Inca religion and mysticism, so in conclusion hiking, this place is learning the true history of Peru, from the Inca time until nowadays, and most importantly, they practice the help each other, like used to be at the Inca time.
First Day: Cusco – Ocongate – Tinqui – Upis
We leave, from Cusco city by car to the village of Urcos, and drive through the main road to Puerto Maldonado which is the highway linking Peru and Brazil and called the Trans-Oceanic road, which is coming from the Pacific and going to the Atlantic ocean, then we arrive at Tinqui Ocongate village.
Here, we start our expedition out of the village of Quinsapucyu, and we will end at Upis Huarmisaya hiking with sensational views, including the spectacular snow-capped mountain of Ausangate, so we stay here overnight, in camping tents.
Second Day: Upis Pucacocha
We wake you up at 5:am, then some breakfast, then we head over to Arapa pass which is uphill up to 4958 masl( 16266 ft) then a slight decline to our second camp near lake Pucacocha, and along the way, we observe different glacier peaks and bubbling streams, and small lakes then alpacas and llamas.
We stay here overnight at Lake Pucacocha, which means the red lake with some introduced trout from Canada country, a long time ago, so maybe we can have some fresh fish here, for dinner.
Third-Day: Pucacocha – Quinsacocha – Jampa
After breakfast, we see some lagoons in the Quinsacocha sector, then we climb up to the highest pass of our trip, which is at 5,300masl (17, 388ft) called Palomani Pass, so, which is higher than all the other mountain summits. Then you observe the great canyons and valleys of the Andes, afterward, we hike to the bottom of the Ausangate snow range mountain, which is considered one of the gatekeepers of the water for the traditional people.
Then, we will go downhill and arrives at our campsite named Campa.
Fourth Day: Jampa – Qomercocha – Pacchanta
We wake you up by 5:45 am, then some breakfast, after that we start climbing the hill for 3 hours in order to get to the last pass at 4900 masl (16, 076ft. So, from here we can observe some glacier peaks and lakes, so mainly here you are located between two snow range mountains, then we descend to our lunch place.
After a short break, we hike for 3 hours downhill with great views of some lakes, and then we arrive at our last campsite located in a little village populated by farmers who speak Quechua and Spanish language, which means they belong to the mixed-race class, afterward we arrive at the camp called Pacchanta, which is famous for hot spring, with plenty minerals to release the painful muscles.
Fifth Day: Pacchanta– Tinki– Cusco
This is our last morning, so we have to pack to come back to Cusco, so after breakfast, we hike gradually downhill for 3 hours to get to the end of our hike where our cook and porters are going to prepare our last lunch, then time to say goodbye to our working team, then we drive back for 3 hours back to Cusco city and drop you off at your Hotel.
Bring Some Optional Presents For The Children
It should be good to bring some little presents, for kids of communities along the trail, such as school supplies and second-hand clothes or toothbrushes, with toothpaste so this is up to you.
- First Day: 7 hours and 14th kilometers
- Second Day: 8 hours and 16th kilometers
- Third Day: 7 hours 14th kilometers
- Fourth Day: 3 hours 6th kilometers
Total hike in kilometers: 50 kilometers
TIME TO GO: All year round
Included: For Ausangate Trek Mountain 5 Days 4 Nights
- Collection from your hotel from 4:30 am.
- 2 people per tent or can be one person per tent too (large and comfortable) and a roll pad mattress.
- English-speaking experienced professional mountain guide.
- 6 kilos porter service for your personal items and extra clothes, mattress, and sleeping bag to be carried by mules (so you just need to carry just your daypack with everything you will need during the day).
- Vegetarian and vegan or special diet meals upon request
- Dining and cooking tents with tables and chairs. Chef and cooking equipment and kitchen tent. First-aid kit including emergency oxygen tank and fingertip pulse oximeter
- Safe boiled drinking water to fill your water bottles
- Free storage in Cusco for your belongings if you like to leave things
Our Tent Toilet:
No need to add some additional hiking in the middle of the night, when you have to use the bathroom, so we set up our spotless, environmentally friendly toilet tents right at the camping site, and lunch sites.
Not Included: For Ausangate Trek Mountain 5 Days 4 Nights
- Sleeping bags
- Thermal rest roll mattress
- The traditional tips for your guide, cook, and staff is optional, not mandatory
- Last lunch
Bring: For Ausangate Trek Mountain 5 Days 4 Nights
- Comfortable daypack.
- Sleeping bag (Minus 8ºC)
- Walking boots and some sandals
- Warm clothes
- Layers for variable temperatures, especially at night
- Sunscreen and sun hat, then sunglasses
- Pair socks, gloves, scarf, and woolen hat for cold nights
- Rain poncho: a good rain jacket
- Some toilet paper
- Bathing clothes for the hot springs
- Extra water bottles
- Extra money for things along the road they are shops
- First US$ 20 for the Down sleeping bag
- Second US$ 20 for a rented Backpack
- Third US$20 a pair of trekking poles
Price: For Ausangate Trek Mountain 5 Days 4 Nights
- US$600 per person
Please Note For Ausangate Trek Mountain 5 Days 4 Nights
- 2-3 person group us$ 600 per person
- 4-5 person group us$ 550 per person
- 6-8 person group us$ 500 per person
- We help you with 6kg from your personal belongings for the trek to the Ausangate snow range mountains
Note: We do some discounts, just let us know to our Gmail or info on the website, and also to our WhatsApp number +51 943 388685
How I Book This Ausangate Hike Peru?
For booking this tour, you have to send us a deposit of US$70 dollars through our PayPal account, and PayPal charges 7% from any amount of money to send, so that means you need to send us US$75 and then the rest of the money in cash when you arrive in Cusco city and then, you need to send us the following details to our Gmail: email@example.com
- The date of the tour and type of tour
- Number of people
- Address in Cusco city to pick you up for the trek
- Passport copy through our WhatsApp to pay the Peruvian tax
- Gmail or WhatsApp to keep in touch
Then, we send you an email confirmation of the deposit and the tour.
Note: The US$70 dollar deposit is per person for booking this tour, then the rest of the money in Cusco city in cash, it can be in dollars or soles, this is up to you, and also please the final payment with good US$ bills, because the broken dollars bills no working in Peru.
This is our PayPal account to send the deposit: firstname.lastname@example.org