VILCABAMBA TREK with biking plus trekking Vilcabamba 6d5n is definitely an adventure that you will never forget to Vilcabamba trek to Machupicchu since this adventure is the connection with beginning of the amazon jungle and plus biking the first day just nice down hill through the beginning of the amazon jungle and being a memorable trip on your trek to Machupicchu in this trip called biking plus trekking Vilcabamba 6d5n.
Day 1: Cusco – Ollantaytambo- Mountain Pass- Santa Teresa
We pick you up at your hotel by 5:40am then riding our private transportation for an hour and 45 minutes to Ollantaytambo Village which is famous for some beautiful archeological site and have here some breakfast and then we drive for 45 minutes more to the beginning of our mountain biking through the beginning of the amazon jungle.
After riding for couple our we get our boxed lunch and then still we ride our mountain bike for an hour, even more then we arrive to Santa Teresa village for the overnight and then this place is surrounded surprisingly by amazing vegetation and see plenty coffee and tea plantations and besides, mango trees and citrus trees.
Day 2: Santa Teresa- Huancacalle- Vilcabamba- Vitcus
Wake up by 5:am and then breakfast and afterward we ride our private car to Huanccalle village and passing through beautiful valleys with coca native bush farming and nice waterfalls for the photos and some wooden bridges to Huancacalle and once we get here we get our packed lunch and then we hike to this beautiful archaeological site, Vilcabamba and the Ñustahispana (or White Rock).
The hike will be about 2 hours around the trip, and plus having tour and taking photos and then we will be the way back to the campsite by 6:pm, hiking through the original Inca trail and also this place is located on the ridge of the mountain and surrounded by outstanding views to some valleys.
- Accommodation: Camping Huancacalle(3000 masl)
- Today walk: 2 hours
- 6 kilometers, which is 7 miles
- Accommodation in camping tents
- Here there is electricity to charge cameras
Day 3: Huancacalle- Asuntina Pass – Racachaca
We wake 4.30 am then breakfast and afterward we hike uphill and observing some flora and maybe some fauna and arriving in 4 hours to the pass, called Asuntina Pass (3915m), then we hike some beautiful downhill for 30 minutes for the lunch.
Then we hike through nice vegetation still downhill for 40 minutes then some gentle part and by the end some uphill to the campsite and hiking along the well preserved Inca trail and see some snow capped mountain and then we follow crystal clear river, so this is a spectacular hike as you leave the high jungle and arrive to the Andes.
Accommodation: Camping Racachaca (3600m) or Hatun Pampa, arriving here by 5:30pm
- Today 1 pass
- Today walk 9 hours and 18 kilometers
- Accommodation in camping tents
Day 4: Racachaca – Hatun Pampa – Yanococha Pass – Mutuypata
wake up 4:30 am and breakfast then we hike 3 hours uphill to Yanococha Pass located at (4230 masl) and then comes some little downhill and then uphills and downhills with gentle parts for 2 hours and view to some small lake named Yanacocha and then climbing to the second pass, named Tullu Tacanca (4400masl), on the way we see more small lakes and one big lake and hiking through highland grass trail, with spongy moss, then arriving to the third pass located at 4450 masl, named Abra, then some downhill for 30 minutes for the lunch place.
This is a difficult day trekking with many changes in altitude, but also beautiful high alpine lakes and snowcapped mountains and then lunch then we keep going downhill for 3 hours, until the beginning of the amazon jungle for camping to the place, called Mutuy, hiking just full downhill with some Inca stone steps recommended having hiking sticks so today arriving to the camp by 5: pm.
- Today one big pass then two small passes
- Today walk 9 hours19 kilometers, which 12 miles
- Accommodation in camping tent
Day 5: Mutuypata – Yanatile – Hydroelectric Station – Aguas Calientes Town
After breakfast, our hike is all downhill for 10 minutes then we hike through wide dirt road for cars, for 4 hours and hiking through the beginning of the amazon jungle and the temperature is hot and hiking through the canyon filled with roaring water and continue by coffee plantations and fruit trees and granadilla plantations and then hot pepper bushes and we arrive Yanatile village.
From here we take car to the Hydro-Electric station and have some packed lunch on thwe way and afterward we hike for 3 hours along the railway line to Aguas Calientes town enjoying the hike at the base of Machupicchu and the road is shaded by trees and being nice gentle hike and then arrive to Aguas Calientes town.
- Accommodation in Hostel
- Today walk 6 hours 12 kilometers, which is 7 miles
- Time to ride car an hour, from Yanatile small town to Hydro-Electric train station
Day 6: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco
Breakfast in the hostel by 4:30am and then we ride bus up to the ruins of Machu Picchu, then we take you to the view point of Machupicchu, so here you appreciate the sunrise and the best outstanding views and afterward we have guided tour for 2 hours and the half then some free time for a couple hours, so in your free time you can go to the the sungate, which is 2 hours round trip.
Then ride the bus the way down to Aguas Calientes town and have some lunch and then the train the way back to Ollantaytambo for 2 hours and then bus for 2 hours the way back to Cusco city and drop you off in your hotel and being the end of this trip biking plus trekking Vilcabamba 6d5n.
- Time to ride bus from Aguas Calientes Town 30 minutes up to Machupicchu and the way back 30 minutes
- Tour in Machupicchu 3 hours then free time
Included For Biking Plus trekking Vilcabamba 6D5N :
- Mountain bike and some equipment for riding
- Private vehicle to Huancacalle – Pilaupata
- English speaking experience professional, mountain tour guide.
- Vegetarian, vegan or special diet meals upon request
- First-aid kit including emergency oxygen tank
- Horses/donkeys to carry tents, food, cooking equipment, some hot water for washing purposes.
- Safe boiled drinking water to fill up your drinking water bottle
- Hostel in Aguas Calientes town, double or triple accommodation
Not included For Biking Plus trekking Vilcabamba 6D5N:
- Sleeping bags
- Inflatable mattress, you can hire it in our company
- The traditional tips for your guide, cook and staff are optional, not mandatory.
You Bring For Biking Plus trekking Vilcabamba 6D5N
- Sleeping bag (Minus 8ºC)
- Warm clothes and trekking pants, not jeans
- Layers for variable temperatures especially at night
- Sun protection and sun hat and then sunglasses
- Some pair of socks and gloves and scarf and woolen hat for cold nights
- Insect repellent and then some rain poncho and rain jacket
- Extra money for things along the road, they are shops
Additional Options To Rent:
- US$ 20 for the Down sleeping bag
- US$ 20 for rented Backpack
- A pair of trekking poles $20
- Inflatable mattresses $20
Price Information For Biking Plus trekking Vilcabamba 6D5N
US$730.00 per person, in a big group
Please Note For Biking Plus trekking Vilcabamba 6D5N
- US$ 730 with Isic student card
- 2-3 person group us$ 1,300 Per person
- 4-5 person group us$ 950 per person
- 6-8 person group us$ 750 per person
- We help you 6kg from your personal belongings for the trek
Daily Departures To Biking Plus trekking Vilcabamba 6D5N
Ticket for Huaynapicchu mountain are provided when you required it in advance or much better go to the sungate which is free hike and enjoying the classical photos and the hike takes 2 hours round trip.
Also we do some discount for groups, this year 2017 or just write us to talk about the price.