Book your Choquequirao Trek with plan Choquequirao trek Cusco 4 days and guided by Experienced Local Tour Guide for Choquequirao Trekking starting this trip from Cusco with private car through the andes mountains with amazing views, so Choquequirao is one of the most remote Inca fortress close to Cusco city and also offering rewarding views for those who go to this new magical place and then Choquequirao trek Cusco 4 days begins at the andes mountains and ending up at the beginning of the amazon jungle.
So in this hike we go through Coca farming places and exploring the Inca site Choquequirao and this place is a new find by Peruvian archaeologists and afterward is hiking through some villages, like Cachora near Curawasi and returning through Huanipaca valley town of Tambobamba and then having plenty of time to explore this magic Inca si
Day First: Cusco- Cachora– Playa -Rosalinda
We pick you up at 05:00 am and then we ride our private transportations to Cachora village and stop at Saywite for breakfast with beautiful outstanding views of Curahuasi Valley and spectacular views of the snow capped mountain of Salkantay and the Vilcabamba mountains range.
Here our hike starts with gentle down and up until our lunch place and afterward lunch and then we hike downhill for 3 hours from 3000masl to 1500 masl to Chiquisca sector and here it will be our break place for some minutes and then we hike for 40 minutes more to arrive at Rosalinas Playa near the Apurimac River ( 1500 mals and 4,921ft) So we will be before sunset and enjoy a nice views of this place and camping here.
- Total hiking kilometers: 8 hours with 19 Km
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner
Day Second: Playa Rosalinda-Maranpata-Choquequirao
After an early breakfast we cross a typical holding bridge and start a gentle hike for 3 to 4 hours gradually climbing of 1,400 meters from Apurimac river to Marampata village (2900m) where you will be able to enjoy the beautiful landscape of this valley and also would observe the famous Apurimac river and here we stop for lunch.
Once we end this valley we will be able to see for the first time the archaeological complex of Choquequirao and then lunch and afterward we will have an easy walk for 2 hours to Choquequirao ruins ( 2,780masl and 9,120ft) on route you will see a variety of nice plants and flowers, and also small types of birds and then in this area we visit the farming terraces of Paqchayoc and then we return to our camping set near Choquequirao.
- Total hiking kilometers: 6 hours with 12 kilometers
Day Three: Choquequirao The Inca Fortress
Today we complete our exploration of the best features of Choquequirao and we go to visit and explore with our tour guide and able to learn and admire this famous Inca fortress and the stone altar called Ushnu which was used by Inca´s shamans to offer open ceremonies to the apus with some llama sacrifice and also for the sun and then the moon and stars and then mother nature.
So this building in a very fine Inca style and the mysterious llamas designs constructed in the walls of the terraces with white stones, with luck at this point we can see a majestic flying of a condor around this sacred geography and camp in Choquequirao.
Day Four: Choquequirao To Tambobamba Then Cusco
After our early breakfast we start an easy downhill walk for 3-4 hours approx until we get to the Apurimac river and then to Playa San Ignacio so here there is a bridge to cross and then 40 minutes to Hacienda San Ignacio and stop for our lunch.
So after lunch we hike for last 2-3 hours to Picturesque village of Tambobamba where our car will be waiting for us to return to Cusco and arriving at 8 to 9 pm approximately.
- Total hiking kilometers: 6 hours with 12 kilometers
What Is Included For Choquequirao Trek Cusco 4 Days
- Private car round trip
- Experienced English speaking tour guide plus paramedic
- Cook and assistant and then porter or herders plus mules to transport the equipment and food
- Good tents ( 2 person per tent spacious and confortable )
- 6 Kg porterage service per person
- Entrance fees to the archaeological site of Choquequirao
- Cooled boiled water during the hiking time
What Is Not Included:
- Sleeping Bags Down US$20 for 3 nights,
- Trekking poles a pair $20
- Snacks and dried fruits and raisins and then energy cereal bars and chocolates
- Back pack to hire $20
- The tiping for the working crew is up to you
We Recommend To Bring
- Chacras travel provides a duffle bag to transport your belongings ( 6 Kg each)
- Warm 3 or 4 season sleeping bag and good hiking shoes
- Trekking poles with metal tips are allowed on this trek
- Warm clothes and layers for variable temperature especially at night.
- T-shirts and trekking pants that zip off to short pants for a comfortable day walks
- Sunblock and some hat for the sun and some sunglasses
- Personal medical kit and bring some antibiotics for some stomach infection in case
- Rain jacket or poncho (plastic ponchos can be purchased in Cusco)
- Original passport
- Extra money for drinks and tips and then souvenirs etc ( soles or dollars ) Emergency money
Price Information For Choquequirao Trek Cusco 4 Days
- US$ 620.00 per person
- Based on Double or Triple accommodation
Please Note For Choquequirao Trek Cusco 4 Days
- Daily departure upon your request
- 4 person US$ 600.00 per person
- 5-6 person US$ 600.00 per person
Note: We do some discount, just write us please