Let’s do the Rainbow Mountain Peru with the plan Rainbow Mountain day hike with Red Valley some Inca ceremony and guided by experienced plus paramedic local tour guides for Rainbow Mountain Peru Day Trek and located close to Cusco city so for this trek we leave from Cusco everyday and enjoying the nice views of Andean villages along the road and afterward the famous rainbow mountain with stunning landscapes and snow-capped mountain.
On the way you see plenty llamas, alpacas and living culture people who live in houses made of mudbrick and speak Quechua language, so this language has been spoken in Machupicchu 600 hundred year ago and they work here as horsemen and so this place is extremely amazing for nature lovers.
Description About Rainbow Mountain Cusco Peru
Nature has inexplicable quirks. On a few occasions it seems that he strives to show us a beauty and almost artistic sensibility. And when this happens, places like the Rainbow Mountain appear, where it seems that the earth was taken as a canvas and the colors of geology created a masterpiece.
Cusco was the capital of the Inca Empire, is well known for being one of the most beautiful cities in South America, for its nearby Sacred Valley, full of unique ruins and also for being a used city of trampoline to visit the precious Macchu Picchu. What the vast majority of travelers ignore is that, just 170 kilometers southwest of Cusco, the rainbow fell from the sky to merge with the Andes of Peru.
Surprisingly, until very recently, this geological miracle was practically unknown. The Rainbow Mountain, or also known as Vinicunca in its indigenous denomination, is in the heart of the longest mountain range on the planet (7,240 km) and perhaps that is also why it is one of its best treasures. All those who have been there agree that the place has soul, energy, a magic that makes it unique.
Itinerary For Rainbow Mountain Day Hike From Cusco City
We pick you up at 4:am and then we ride our car to the beginning of this nice trek, called Chillca located at 3700 masl/1240 feet, so along the road we have some breakfast and then we start our hike between mountains for 3 hours, so the trail goes uphills and gentle parts, surrounded by many llamas and alpacas.
So once we arrive to the view point, we will be rewarded with amazing views located at 5200 masl ( 17,060 ft) and also see the snowcapped mountain called Ausangate and then, we have 2 options, hike through the red valley the way back to bus, which takes 2 hours or just way back to the bus for an hour 45 minutes then ride our car to the lunch for an hour then like 2 hours back to Cusco city, arriving by 6:pm and drop you off at your hotel
- Distance hiked: 15 km / 9 ¼ miles
- Starting / minimum altitude: 4,326 m / 14,189 ft
- Maximum altitude: 5,020 m / 16,466 ft
- Overall trek difficulty: Challenging*
Included For Rainbow Mountain Day Hike
- Experienced mountain guide
- Pre-departure briefing at your hotel, before the trip
- Private car round trip
- Some food
- Emergency oxygen tank and medical kit with fingertip pulse oximeter
- Hiking sticks
- The entrance fees
Bring For Rainbow Mountain Day Hike
- Water and some snacks
- Rain jacket and rain poncho and then rain jacket
- Sun block factor 35+ recommended
- Sunglasses and sun hat then some gloves
- Camera with spare batteries – batteries run down faster at high altitudes
- Trekking poles (recommended especially for the steep descents, can be rented from us)
Our Trek Difficulty In Rainbow Mountain
- Challenging for an hour
Price For Rainbow Mountain Day Hike
- US $80 Per person : Private group (included, entrance fees and breakfast, lunch)
- US $ 30 Shared group: Included entrance fees and breakfast, lunch
- Rainbow mountain with hike red valley: $100 per person in the private group
- Hike rainbow mountain with red valley in the shared group: $45 per person
Rentals For Rainbow Mountain Day Hike
- We give you some hiking poles for free
Note: We do some discount for groups, just write us please for special discount