Come with us for Magic Rainbow Mountain In Peru named Vinicunca with plan rainbow mountain day hike with red valley and guided by expert local tour guide in your own pace and therefore this place is located at Cusco Peru and hiking Rainbow Mountain Day Trip From Cusco city is with picking you up at your hotel and drop you off too and moreover, we are the best rainbow mountain operator since we work with experienced team and also you can read our real reviews from our real customers.
So along the van ride, we enjoy the nice views of Andes mountains and some farmer villages with corn and potatoes farming fields and then we arrive at the beginning of the hike up to the famous rainbow mountain with stunning landscapes and also see the nice snow-capped mountain named Ausangate.
Also along the road, we see plenty alpacas, llamas and living to culture people who live in houses made of mudbrick and speak Quechua language, so this language has been spoken in Machupicchu Inca city 600 hundred years ago and that means these people are living culture people and now they work here as horsemen for the rainbow mountain.
Therefore hiking this rainbow mountain named Vinicunca is much better than the classic Inca Trail to Machupicchu, since in this route, you see the native animals, such as, llamas, alpacas then the red valley plus the rainbow mountain and moreover you see the famous snow-capped mountain named Ausangate, located at 6150 masl (20,177 ft)
Description About Rainbow Mountain Cusco Peru
Nature has inexplicable quirks. On a few occasions, it seems that he strives to show us beauty and almost artistic sensibility. And when this happens, places like the Rainbow Mountain appear, where it seems that the earth was taken as a canvas and the colors of geology created a masterpiece.
So Cusco was the capital of the Inca Empire, is well known for being one of the most beautiful cities in South America, for its nearby Sacred Valley, full of unique ruins and also for being a used city of trampoline to visit the precious Macchu Picchu. What the vast majority of travelers ignore is that just 170 kilometers southwest of Cusco, the rainbow fell from the sky to merge with the Andes of Peru.
Surprisingly, until very recently, this geological miracle was practically unknown. The Rainbow Mountain, or also known as Vinicunca in its indigenous denomination, is in the heart of the longest mountain range on the planet (7,240 km) and perhaps that is also why it is one of its best treasures. All those who have been there agreeing that the place has soul, energy, a magic that makes it unique.
Itinerary For Rainbow Mountain Day Hike From Cusco City
We pick you up at 4:am and then we ride our car to the beginning of this nice trek, called Chillca located at 3700 masl/1240 feet, so along the road we have some breakfast and then we start our hike between mountains for 2 hours and 30 minutes, so the trail goes uphills with gentle parts, surrounded by native alpacas.
So once we arrive at the viewpoint, we will be rewarded with amazing views located at 5200 masl ( 17,060 ft) and also we see the snowcapped mountain named Ausangate and then, we have 2 options, hike through the red valley the way back to the bus, which takes 2 hours or just way back to the bus for an hour 30 minutes then ride our car to the lunch for 25 minutes then like 2 hours back to Cusco city, arriving by 5:pm and drop you off at your hotel
- Distance hiked: 7 km / 4 miles
- 2 hours and 30 minutes gentle uphill with a steep climb for 20 minutes at the end
- Hike way back downhill for an hour and 35 minutes
- Starting / minimum altitude: 4,326 m / 14,189 ft
- Maximum altitude: 5,020 m / 16,466 ft
- Overall trek difficulty: Difficult
Included For Rainbow Mountain Day Hike
- Experienced mountain guide
- Private car round trip
- Some food, breakfast, and lunch
- Oxygen tank for high altitude
- Hiking sticks
- The entrance fees
Bring For Rainbow Mountain Day Hike
- Water and some snacks
- Rain jacket or rain poncho
- Sunblock factor 35+ recommended
- Sunglasses and sun hat, some warm gloves
- Camera with spare batteries – batteries run down faster at high altitudes
- Trekking poles (recommended especially for the steep descents, can be rented from us)
Our Trek Difficulty In Rainbow Mountain
- Challenging for 20 minutes
Price For Rainbow Mountain Day Hike
- US$ 100 Per person: Private group (included, entrance fees and breakfast, lunch, cooked by our chef)
- US$ 30 Shared group: Included entrance fees and breakfast, lunch
- Rainbow mountain with hike red valley: $100 per person on the private group
- Hike rainbow mountain with a red valley in the shared group: $50 per person
Also, we can just charge you the taxi and tour guide, since we are a local company based at Cusco city
- Taxi with an oxygen tank for high altitude: US$110
- Van is: US$135
- The experienced tour guide who can help you with the high altitude: US$80
Rentals For Rainbow Mountain Day Hike
- We give you some hiking poles for free
Note: We do some discount for groups, just write to us please for a special discount to our info of the website
how to book it
How I Book This Tour ???
For booking this tour, you have to send us some deposit of $20 dollars through our Paypal account and Paypal charge the 7% from any amount of money to send, so that means you need to send us $22 and then the rest of the money in cash, when you arrive in Cusco city and then, you need to send us the following details to our Gmail: email@example.com
- The date of the tour and type of tour and number of people
- The address at Cusco city to pick you up for the following tours
- Email and WhatsApp to keep in touch
- Passport copy through WhatsApp to pay the Peruvian tax
Then we send you an email confirmation of the deposit and the tour.
Note: The $22 dollars deposit, is for any number of people, for booking this tour then the rest of the money in Cusco city in cash, it can be in dollars or soles, this is up to you and also please the final payment with good US$ bills, because the broken dollars bills no working in Peru.
This is our Paypal account to send the deposit: firstname.lastname@example.org