Come for Salkantay 5 Day Trek with us, with plan Salkantay trek Machu Picchu 5 days 4 nights and guided by an expert local tour guide with a professional chef for Peru Salkantay Trek 5 Days, so Salkantay trek in Peru is hiking through the bottom of two famous snow-capped mountains of Salkantay and Humantay in your own pace with no rush and in a small group with a personal touch.
Trekking Salkantay Machu Picchu
Moreover, along the Salkantay trekking is camping the last overnight with the view to Machupicchu mountain, which is surrounded by green mountains, and then the last day watching some waterfall, and also hiking at the bottom valley of Machupicchu city, shaded by the trees and finally arriving at Aguas Calientes town for the last overnight in the hotel.
Also, along with Trekking Salkantay to Machu Picchu, our professional chef will be cooking organic Peruvian food, since for becoming a chef in Peru, we need to study for 2 years, then have a licence as a chef for working in the mountains.
Itinerary: For Salkantay Trek To Machu Picchu 5 Days
Day 01: Soray Salkantay Pass Huaracmachay
Time to pick you up at 4:30 am, then we ride our private car the way to the beginning of the Salkantay trek to the place named Soraypampa, here we have some breakfast with the amazing views of snow-capped mountains of Salkantay and Humantay, and afterwards we hike for 3 hours and a half uphill to the lunch place.
Then, we continue for 45 minutes to the pass which is situated at 4,600 masl (15,091 ft), and when you arrive here is the best views ever and plenty of photos too, and then time to go downhill for 3 hours with the views to some snow-capped mountains, and once we arrive at the campsite, we get some tea then later some dinner.
- Breakfast and lunch then dinner
Day 2: Chaullay Lluscamayo La Playa
Wake you up time by 5: am, with some coca tea and some hot water in some small bowls for the wash-up and then breakfast and afterward is downhill for 3 hours to the beginning of the amazon jungle with some gentle part for the 30 minutes to the lunch place named Chayhuay.
After lunch is a gentle dirt road and hiking through some nice waterfall and some streams along the way with some wooden bridges and also see some fruits named in Spanish granadilla which is the family of passion fruit and some avocados trees and coffee plantations and then arriving today to the camp by 6:pm in normal pace and camp is located at 2000 masl (6561 ft).
Included: Breakfast and lunch and then dinner
Day 3: Lucmabamba Patallacta And Machupicchu View Camp
Time to wake you up with coca tea by 6:am and then get ready for the 4 hours uphill for the lost Inca city called Patallacta so this place still is covered by vegetation of the green Andes, which is the beginning of the amazon jungle and along the road you will be enjoying the outstanding views of the valleys and some snow-capped mountain.
Ones you get to the top, you will be observing some native trees covered in layers on hanging moss and also in some plants named epiphytes and camp here by the grass plain in tents with compensatory views to Machupicchu’s mountain and if we are in the dry season you will see some stars.
Included: Breakfast and lunch, dinner.
Day 4: Machupicchu And Aguas Calientes Town
After enjoying the wake up with the view to Machupicchu and then breakfast, time to go through the dirt road downhill for 2 hours until the bottom of this mountain and then cross some beautiful hanging bridge and after this point the road is gentle and arriving at the lunch place mainly in 45 minutes.
Here, after lunch, we have to say goodbye to our cooking team and then we hike next to the train track for 3 hours and then the trail is gentle to Aguas Calientes town and shaded by trees and also enjoying some views to Machupicchu and some mountains along the road to Aguas Calientes town of this nice hike named Salkantay trek plus Machu Picchu 5 days 4 nights.
Included: Breakfast and lunch
Day 5: Machupicchu And Cusco
Time to wake up at 4:30 am and then some breakfast, afterwards, we go for the bus terminal with your private tour guide to ride the early bus for 30 minutes up to Machupicchu, then have two-hours professional guided tour, and then you will be enjoying your free time for a while, before leaving this place.
Then, time to ride the bus, way down to Aguas Calientes town, then have some lunch, then the train the way back to Ollantaytambo town, then bus to Cusco city, so the time we arrive in Cusco will be around 8:pm, and we drop you off at your place, so this is the end of this beautiful hike of Salkantay trek plus Machu Picchu 5 days 4 nights.
Included: Hotel and breakfast
Note For Free Time
You get some options in your free time at Machupicchu city like climbing to Huyanapicchu mountain with the tickets booked in advance or you can hike to sun gate for free, which is 2 hours round trip and also about the hike Salkantay trek plus Machu Picchu 5 days 4 nights is enough sometimes.
Walking Distances For Salkantay Trek Machu Picchu 5 Days 4 Nights
- The day first: 8 hours and 16th kilometers
- Day two: 8 hours and 16th kilometers
- The three: 4 and the half hours and 8th kilometers
- The four: 6 hours and 12th kilometers
- The total of walking the entire trip is 52 kilometers
- TIME TO GO: All year round
Included For Salkantay Trek Machu Picchu 5 Days 4 Nights
- Private new car to the beginning of our trek
- Experienced professional mountain tour guide.
- 6 kilos porter service for your personal items and extra clothes and mattress and then sleeping bag to be carried by mules (so you just need to carry your daypack with everything you will need during the hike day).
- Vegetarian, vegan or special diet meals upon request
- Emergency oxygen tank and first aid kit and fingertip pulse oximeter
- Safe boiled drinking water to fill in your bottles
- Hotel in Aguas Calientes 3 stars and double or triple accommodation
Not Included For Salkantay Trek Machu Picchu 5 Days 4 Nights
- Sleeping bags
- Thermal rest roll mattress
- The traditional tips for your guide and cook and staff
- Hiking sticks, you can rent them from us
Bring For Salkantay Trek Machu Picchu 5 Days 4 Nights
- Sleeping bag (Minus 8ºC)
- Warm clothes and good hiking shoes
- Layers for variable temperatures especially at night
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- Some pair socks and gloves, scarf and woolen hat for cold nights
- Insect repellent, sunscreen and rain poncho and then a good rain jacket
- Some extra water bottles to fill with drinking water along the road
- Original passport and ISIC student card if applicable
- Charger for cameras and phones
Additional Options Salkantay Trek Machu Picchu 5 Days 4 Nights
- US$ 20 for the Down sleeping bag
- US$ 20 for rented Backpack
- US$20 a pair of trekking poles
Price For Salkantay Trek Machu Picchu 5 Days 4 Nights
- US$600.00 per person
Please Note About Prices
- US$ 600 with Isic student card
- 2-3 person group us$ 1,500 per person
- 4-5 person group us$ 990 per person
- 6-8 person group us$ 780 per person
- We help you 6kg from your personal belongings for the trek
- We do some discount for this year 2017
Note: For Salkantay Trek Machu Picchu 5 Days 4 Nights
Tickets for Huaynapicchu mountain are provided when you required it in advance and takes 2 hours round trip and also the number of people are limited per day is 400 hundred people for the climb to Huaynapicchu mountain.
How I Book This Salkantay Trekking Machupicchu?
For booking this Salkantay trekking, you have to send us a deposit of US$200 dollars through our Paypal account and Paypal charge the 7% from any amount of money to send, so that means you need to send us, US$2014 and then the rest of the money in cash, when you arrive in Cusco city and then, you need to send us the following details to our Gmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The date of the tour and type of tour
- Number of people
- Address at Cusco city to pick you up for the following tours
- Email and WhatsApp to keep in touch
- Passport copy through WhatsApp to pay the Peruvian tax
Then, we send you an email confirmation of the deposit and the tour.
Note: The US$214 dollars deposit, is per person, for booking this tour, then the rest of the money in Cusco city in cash, it can be in dollars or soles, this is up to you, also please the final payment with good US$ bills, because the broken dollars bills no working in Peru.
This is our Paypal account to send the deposit: email@example.com