Come with us for Salkantay Trekking With Machu Picchu located at Cusco Peru with this plan Salkantay Trek Machupicchu 4 Days 3 Nights and good camping equipment with experienced local tour guide, who can help you with the high altitude problems and moreover, we give you a professional chef who cooks organic food along the Salkantay trek.
Firstly we start this trip from Soraypampa and then we hike to Patallacta, Machupicchu and moreover along the road, we watch the amazing snow capped mountains of Humantay and Salkantay, so this hike start from the brown andes mountains and afterwards, the following days, we hike through the beginning of the amazon jungle of Peru, on the way to Machupicchu.
Also in day three you will be surprised with size of avocados fruits and also farming coffee fields then yucca and bananas and some waterfalls so in conclusion this is the beginning of amazon jungle with very lush vegetation and we hike this place having this program named Salkantay trek Machupicchu 4 days 3 nights.
In conclusion, this trek is much better than the traditional Inca trail to Machupicchu and also, you need some reasonable level of fitness to finish this amazing hike to Machupicchu, so you have to make your body adapt to the height at Cusco city doing some hikes a least for 2 days, since this Salkantay trek start from 3600 masl (11,811ft) and arriving to the highest point up to 4600 masl (15,091ft) and the last day hiking is the lowest part is 1950 masl( 6397ft).
So we take care of it all from door to door.
Day One: Soray And Pass Salkantay Huayracmachay
We pick you up at 4:30am, then we ride our private car to the beginning of the Salkantay trek so arriving to the place called Soraypampa and as soon as we get here we have our breakfast then in brief time to hike through this magic road and watch the gorges snow mountains being two mountains like Salkantay and then arriving to the lunch place in 3 hours and 45 minutes.
So after some lunch we hike about 45 minutes uphill to the pass of this trek being at 4600 masl ( 15,091 ft) So ones you here time to enjoy the best views and afterward we go downhill for 3 hours and arriving tot he campsite named Huaracmacha by 6:pm even before this time and then the welcome to this scenic camp with some warm water for the wash up and some tea and afterward dinner by 7:pm .
Included: Breakfast and lunch and then dinner
Day Two: Chayhuay Lluscamayo La Playa
Time to wake you up 5: am with some coca tea and then some good breakfast which is like buffet and then time to walk, whenever you are ready so today the walk is downhill for 3 hours to beginning of the amazon jungle and afterward comes gentle for the 30 minutes to the lunch place called CHAYHUAY.
so from this point the hike is gentle, passing through some beautiful waterfall and then some streams along the way with some wooden bridges and watching some fruit trees, like granadilla and avocados trees and then coffee plantations so arriving today to the camp by 6:pm in normal pace, which located at 2000 masl and the temperature is surprisingly warm.
Included: Breakfast and lunch and then dinner
Day Three: Llactapata Idro-Electric And Hike To Aguas Calientes
Wake up time 4:30am and then time to go through bus road for 20 minutes and afterward connecting to the properly Incas’ trail with some step for 4 hour up to the lost City of the Incas which still covered by the vegetation and some views to Machupichu and then we go downhill for 2 hours and the half and on the way to the lunch place you will see some waterfall.
So lunch is today by the train station and then time to say good bye to the cooking team and afterward time to hike to Aguas Calientes town for 3 1/2 which is a side of the train train rail and hiking nice gentle dirt road with some views to Machupicchu city and surrounded by giant trees and finally, arriving to the hostel at Aguas Calientes town.
Included: Breakfast and lunch
Day Four: Machupicchu
Time to wake up at 4:30am and then you walk up to Machupicchu o take a bus and afterward we take you to Machupicchu view point and then two hour guided tour, and afterward time to enjoy your free time for a couple hours then leaving this place for the way back to the train station Aguas Calientes town.
So we ride the afternoon train to Ollantaytambo then Bus to Cusco and then we drop you off at your place at cusco city, so this is the end of our trip named Salkantay Trek Machupicchu 4 days 3 nights.
Included: Hostel and breakfast
Walking Distances At Salkantay Trek Machupicchu 4 Days 3 Nights:
- First day: 8 hours and 16th kilometers
- Second day two: 9 hours and 18th kilometers
- Third day: 6 hours and 12th kilometers
- Fourth day: 3 1/2 hours 8 kilometers
- Total of walking the entire trip is 51 kilometers
- TIME TO GO: All year around
What Is Included At Salkantay Trek Machupicchu 4 Days 3 Nights:
- Private vehicle to Soraypampa starting of our tre
- English speaking plus paramedic tour guide
- 7 kilos porter service for your personal items and extra clothes, mattress, sleeping bag to be carried by mules, (so you just need to carry your daypack with everything you will need during the day).
- Full board meals 5 Breakfast, and 5 Lunches and then 3 Dinners.
- Vegetarian and vegan or special diet meals upon request
- Dining and cooking tents with tables and then chairs.
- Chef and cooking equipment and kitchen tent.
- First-aid kit with oxygen tank
- Horses/mules to carry tents, food and cooking equipment.
- Hot water for washing purposes.
- Hotel in Aguas Calientes town, double or triple accommodation
- Admission ticket to Machu Picchu
- Train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo and then car to Cusco.
Not Included: For Salkantay Trek Machupicchu 4 Days 3 Nights
- Sleeping bags
- Thermal rest roll mattress
- The traditional tips for your guide, cook and staff are optional, not mandatory.
We Recommend To Bring For Salkantay Trek Machupicchu 4 Days 3 Nights:
- Comfortable daypack.
- Sleeping bag (Minus 8ºC)
- Warm clothes and trekking pants, not jeans
- Layers for variable temperatures especially at night
- Flash light and some charger so second camp has electricity
- Sun protection, sun hat, sunglasses
- Some pair socks, gloves, scarf and woolen hat for cold nights
- Insect repellent, rain poncho: A good rain jacket
- Extra plastic bags especially in wet season and some rain cover for your back pack
- Some medical kit
- Original passport and ISIC student card if applicable
- Extra money for things along the road like taste the local organic coffee and tips for the working team
• US$ 20 for the Down sleeping bag
• US$ 20 for rented Backpack
• US$20 a pair of trekking poles
- US$465.00 per person in the shared group
- US$ 430.00 with Isic student card
- 2-3 person group us$ 1,300 Per person
- 4-5 person group us$ 950 per person
- 6-8 person group us$ 750 per person
- We help you 8kg from your personal belongings for the trek, so that means you just carry your daypack
Very important to know: Ticket to Huaynapicchu mountain are provided when you required it in advance, since the number of people are 400 hundred per day, but if you feel ,like hiking in Machupicchu, you can go for the sungate, which is gentle up for an hour, it takes 2 hours around trip.