Book Salkantay 4 Days Trek, located in Peru, with plan Salkantay trek Machupicchu 4 days 3 nights. 4 Day Salkantay Trek is hiking through beautiful landscapes of the Andes mountains and the beginning of the Amazon jungle, with views to some snow-capped mountains, then sleeping in camping tents, and then having fresh food cooked along the route.
Moreover, we give you a professional chef, who cooks organic Peruvian food with plenty of drinking water, and hot drinks after each meal, along with the Salkantay trekking.
Firstly, we start this trip from Soraypampa and then we hike to Patallacta, Machupicchu, moreover, along the road, we watch the amazing snow-capped mountains of Humantay and Salkantay, so this hike starts from the brown Andes mountains and afterward, the following days, we hike through the beginning of the amazon jungle of Peru, on the way to Machupicchu.
Also, on day three, you will be surprised with the size of avocados fruits, and also farming coffee plants, yucca, and bananas, then we see some small waterfalls along the route, in conclusion, this day is the beginning of the Amazon jungle with very lush vegetation, and we hike this place having this program named Salkantay trek Machupicchu 4 days 3 nights.
In conclusion, trekking Salkanty to Machu Picchu is much better, than the traditional Inca trail, because along the Salkantay trek, you see some lagoons, some snow-capped mountains, then good camping places, good bathrooms, and some campsites have wi-fi, then some hot shower.
Also, you need a reasonable level of fitness to finish this amazing hike to Machupicchu, so you have to make your body adapt to the height at Cusco city by doing some hikes a least for 2 days since this Salkantay Trek start from 3600 masl (11,811ft) and arriving at the highest point up to 4,600 masl (15,091ft) and the last day hiking is the lowest part is 1,950 masl( 6397ft).
So, we take care of it all from door to door.
In Peru country, we have many hiking adventure mountains, and one of them is Salkantay Trekking with a connection to Machu Picchu city, and this trek start from the beautiful brown Andes mountains with watching some sacred snow-capped mountains of Humantay and Salkantay and Humantay lake.
Also, this trekking adventure is through the Andes mountains with connections to the beginning of the real Amazon jungle, and see some waterfalls, then also hiking through the nice valley of Machupicchu city, shaded by trees, and watch some citric trees and farming fields of coffee plantations.
Why Salkantay Trek To Machu picchu With Us?
- At Chacras Travel Peru, we are pioneering hike-based adventures over ten years ago, and we organize small groups for a better experience adventure to Machu Picchu in a safe way.
- Our tour guides are passionate about guiding tourist groups, responsibility, and experience, moreover, they speak English, Spanish then Quechua, which is an Inca language, so they are able to communicate with locals from around the area.
- Having an adventure trek with us will always feel like traveling among friends, plus small groups
- About food, it is one of the most important on the hike. So we carry a balance and nutritive meal, along the trek, mainly our food is a fresh buffet with a lot of varieties of Peruvian local dishes, in other to make special and unforgettable trips, the food quality provided by Chacras Travel Peru, along the Salkantay trek to Machupicchu, is prepared by the Peruvian professional experienced chef.
- The most important with us, no hidden fees & charges, at the end of Salkantay Trek
- In conclusion, our treks are organized with everything included, from the beginning to the end ( no shared transport with other traveling companies)
Itinerary For Salkantay Trekking
Day One: Soray And Pass Salkantay Huayracmachay
We pick you up at 4:30 am, then we ride our private car to the beginning of the Salkantay trek so arriving at the place called Soraypampa, and as soon as we get here, we have our breakfast and then, in a brief time to hike through this magic road and watch the gorges snow mountains being two mountains like Salkantay and then arriving at the lunch place in 3 hours and 45 minutes.
So, after some lunch, we hike about 45 minutes uphill to the pass of this Salkantay trek being at 4600 masl ( 15,091 ft) So ones you here time to enjoy the best views and afterward we go downhill for 3 hours, and arriving at the campsite named Huaracmacha by 6:pm even before this time and then the welcome to this scenic camp with some warm water for the wash-up and some tea and afterward dinner by 7:pm.
Included: Breakfast and lunch and then dinner
Day Two: Chayhuay Lluscamayo La Playa
Time, to wake you up at 5: am with some coca tea and then some good breakfast which is like a buffet, and then time to walk, whenever you are ready so today the walk is downhill for 3 hours to the beginning of the amazon jungle and afterward comes gentle road for the 30 minutes to the lunch place called CHAYHUAY.
So, from this point, the hike is gentle, passing through some beautiful waterfalls and then some streams along the way with some wooden bridges, and watching some fruit trees, like granadilla, and avocados trees, and then coffee plantations so arriving today at the camp by 6:pm in a normal pace, which located at 2000 masl and the temperature is surprisingly warm.
Included: Breakfast and lunch, dinner
Day Three: Llactapata Idro-Electric And Hike To Aguas Calientes
Wake up time is 4:30 am, and then time to go through the bus road for 20 minutes, afterward connecting to the properly Incas trail with some steps for 4 hours up to the Lost City of the Incas, which is still covered by vegetation and some views to Machupicchu and then we go downhill for 2 hours and a half and on the way to the lunch place you will see some waterfall.
So lunch is today by the train station and then time to say goodbye to the cooking team and afterward time to hike to Aguas Calientes town for 3 1/2 which is a side of the train rail, and hiking nice gentle dirt road with some views to Machupicchu city and surrounded by giant trees and finally, arriving at the hostel in Aguas Calientes town.
Included: Breakfast and lunch
Day Four: Machupicchu Cusco
Time to wake up by 4:30 am, then we go for the bus terminal in the same town Aguas Calientes town, and we ride the bus for 30 minutes up to Machupicchu Inca site, then we take you to the classical viewpoint, from where you take some photos.
Then, we have a tour for 3 hours, and afterward, we take the bus back down to Aguas Calientes town, then have some food, and then we ride the train back to Ollantaytambo train station, and then a car to Cusco city.
Walking Distances At Salkantay Trek Machupicchu 4 Days 3 Nights:
- First day: 8 hours and 16th kilometers
- Second day two: 9 hours and 18th kilometers
- Third day: 6 hours and 12th kilometers
- Fourth day: 3 1/2 hours 8 kilometers
- The total of walking the entire trip is 51 kilometers
- TIME TO GO: All year round
What Is Included At Salkantay Trek Machupicchu 4 Days 3 Nights:
- Private vehicle to Soraypampa
- English speaking plus paramedic tour guide
- 7 kilos porter service for your personal items and extra clothes, mattress, sleeping bag to be carried by mules, (so you just need to carry your daypack with everything you will need during the day).
- Full board meals 5 Breakfasts, 5 Lunches, and then 3 Dinners.
- Vegetarian and vegan or special diet meals upon request
- Dining and cooking tents with tables and then chairs.
- Chef and cooking equipment and kitchen tent.
- First-aid kit with an oxygen tank
- Horses/mules to carry tents, food, and cooking equipment.
- Hot water for washing purposes.
- Hotel in Aguas Calientes town, double or triple accommodation
- Admission ticket to Machu Picchu
- Train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo and then car to Cusco.
Not Included: For Salkantay Trek Machupicchu 4 Days 3 Nights
- Sleeping bags
- Thermal rest roll mattress
- The traditional tips for your guide, cook, and staff are optional, not mandatory.
We Recommend To Bring For Salkantay Trek Machupicchu 4 Days 3 Nights:
- Comfortable daypack.
- Sleeping bag (Minus 8ºC)
- Warm clothes and trekking pants, not jeans
- Layers for variable temperatures, especially at night
- Flashlight and some charger so the second camp has electricity
- Sun protection, sun hat, sunglasses
- Some pairs of socks, gloves, scarf, and woolen hat for cold nights
- Insect repellent, rain poncho: A good rain jacket
- Extra plastic bags, especially in the wet season, and some rain cover for your backpack
- Some medical kit
- Original passport and ISIC student card if applicable
- Extra money for things along the route, like a taste the local organic coffee and tips for the working team
- US$ 20 for the Down sleeping bag
- US$ 20 for rented Backpack
- US$20 a pair of trekking poles
Salkantay Trek Elevation
The salkantay trek start at 3,600 masl (11,811ft) and the highest point we arrive is the Salkantay pass, situated at 4600 masl (15,091ft) then finishing the trek at 2,000 masl( 6,561ft).
Also, this trek starts from the Andes mountains and finishes at the beginning of the Amazon jungle, with very lush vegetation and a warm climate. The most important is the campsites provide, wifi, hot shower, and drinks.
Price: For Salkantay Trek Machupicchu 4 Days 3 Nights
- US$520 per person in the shared group
Note: For Salkantay Trek Machupicchu 4 Days 3 Nights
- US$ 430.00 with Isic student card
- 2-3 person group us$ 1,300 per person
- 4-5 person group us$ 950 per person
- 6-8 person group us$ 750 per person
- We help you 8kg of your personal belongings for the trek, so that means you just carry your daypack
Note: We do daily departures
Very important to know: Tickets to Huaynapicchu mountain are provided when you required them in advance since the number of people is 400 hundred per day, but if you feel, like hiking in Machupicchu, you can go for the sun gate, which is gentle up for an hour, it takes 2 hours round trip.
How I Book Salkantay Trekking To Machupicchu
For booking this Salkantay Trek, you have to send us a deposit of US$150 dollars through our PayPal account, and PayPal charges 7% from any amount of money to send, so that means you need to send us, US$160, and then the rest of the money in cash, when you arrive in Cusco city and then, you need to send us the following details to our WhatsApp Number: +51 943388685
- The date of the tour and type of tour
- Number of people
- Address in Cusco city to pick you up for the following tours
- Email and WhatsApp to keep in touch
- Passport copy through WhatsApp to pay the Peruvian tax
Then, we send you an email confirmation of the deposit and the tour.
Note: The US$160 dollar deposit, is per person, for booking this tour, then the rest of the money in Cusco city in cash, it can be in dollars or soles, this is up to you, also please the final payment with good US$ bills, because the broken dollars bills no working in Peru.
This is our PayPal account to send the deposit: firstname.lastname@example.org