Experience Huchuy Qosqo Trek to Machupicchu with plan trek Huchuy Qosqo plus salt mine Machupicchu 3d2n. Hiking Huchuy Cusco is located in Peru country at 3,650 masl (11, 975 ft). Also, you will be hiking through the famous Andes mountains on the way to Huchuy Qosqo, and appreciate the beauty of the landscapes of the mountains, and then have breathtaking views on the way to Machu Picchu.
Discover, the natural beauty of this hiking adventure with us for 3 days on a friendly budget in Cusco Peru. This itinerary trip starts from the ancient Inca capital Cusco, then we hike to the Inca fortress Huchuy Qosqo, then the magic connection to Machupicchu by train.
This hiking adventure to Huchuy Qosqo is with the connection to Machupiccchu Inca fortress, so discover with us the natural beauty of this hiking for 3 days on a friendly budget in Cusco region Peru, starting this trek from the ancient capital of the Incas, named Qosqo.
Trekking Huchuy Qosqo
In conclusion, the Huchuy Qosqo site is denominated the small MachuPicchu and was hidden by the layer of soil for 300 years, during the Spanish conquest time, then this site was found by farmers, little by little.
Moreover, this Huchuy Qosqo hiking has outstanding views, and along the route, we see some llamas, alpacas then some lagoons, also we hike through a beautiful canyon on the way down to the Inca site with amazing viewpoints, and watch part of the Sacred Valley of the Incas, with the famous river named Vilcanota, afterward arriving in this beautiful Inca fortress Huchuy Qosqo.
So, for this trekking, we take care of it all from door to door.
Huchuy Qosqo Trek 3 Days
Day One: Cusco Tambohuaylla Pucamarka Village
We pick you up by 5: a.m, then by bus to the starting point, which takes 30 minutes to the place called Tambomachay, so before starting the Huchuy Qosqo trek, we have some breakfast.
Afterward, we start the hike through Tambo Machay Inca site, then we follow a gentle up trail for 30 minutes, then uphill for an hour arriving at the first pass situated at 3,900 masl ( 12,795ft)
Then, the trail is flat for 30 minutes, then some gentle uphills for an hour to the second pass, and situated at 4,200 masl(13,779 ft), so from this point time to see the lagoon called Qoriccocha, then hike down to this lagoon 15 minutes for our lunch, also in this lagoon is some wild ducks with Andean seagulls, and here is the lunch, after that, we hike uphill for 45-minutes to the third pass, which is at a height of 4,250 masl (13,943ft).
After the third pass, the path is flat for 45 minutes, with a panoramic view of Chincheros farming place and Phiuray lagoon, and some snow peaks can be seen like Salcantay and Huaccawilca Veronica, so after an hour ascent, we arrive at the fourth-highest pass which is located at 4,450 masl (14599 ft).
From this point begins the descent to the small community called Puca Pucara, about an hour and 20 minutes. This community is located at an altitude of 4,000 masl, where you see one of the remote living houses made of mud-brick and camping here surrounded by some eucalyptus trees.
• 16 kilometers
• 4 passes
• Temperature: Warm and cold
• Today overnight in camping tents
Day Two: Huchuy Qosqo Aguas Calientes Town
We wake you up at 5:am, with some traditional coca tea, then some breakfast, then we go through a nice downhill for an hour to the Inca site HuchuyQosqo with stunning views toward the Sacred Valley of the Incas, and the river called Vilcanota, and afterward, exploring this place, and then we hike up climbing for 4 hours walking through a nice canyon.
Once, we arrive at the pass, you will enjoy the best breathtaking views of the Andes mountains, and some snow-capped mountains, then the hike is gentle down for 2 hours to the lunch place called Chincheros, so after some lunch, we ride our car through some Inca sites named Moray and salt mine, then we go to Ollantaytambo train station and ride the train for 2 hours and arrive to Aguas Calientes town, for the dinner and sleep in the hostel.
• We walk 6 hours and 12 kilometers
• 1 pass
• Temperature: Warm and cold
Day Three: Machupicchu Cusco
The time to wake you up is by 4:30 am, then get some good breakfast included in the hostel, afterward, we line up for the buses, and then ride the bus up to Machupicchu for 30 minutes, and as soon as we get Machupicchu, we take you to the viewpoint from where is the breathtaking views, then time for the tour and see all the important places mainly for 3 hours.
So, in your free time you can go, maybe to the sun gate which is free climbing, and take the hike 2 hours the round trip and afterward time to ride the bus back to Aguas Calientes town for the optional lunch and train back to Ollantaytambo for 2 hours, then a bus for another 2 hours back to Cusco city, afterward we drop you off in your hotel.
Included For Trek Huchuy Qosqo Plus Salt Mine Machupicchu 3D2N
- 2 people per tent or can be one person per tent too (large and comfortable) and a roll pad mattress.
- Experienced professional tour guide.
- 6 kilos porter service for your personal items and extra clothes
- Vegetarian and vegan or special diet meals upon request
- Dining and cooking tents with tables and chairs.
- First-aid kit including an oxygen tank
- Hostel in Aguas Calientes
- Expedition train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Caliente and private transport back to Cusco city.
Not Included: For Trek Huchuy Qosqo Plus Salt Mine Machupicchu 3D2N
- Sleeping bags
- Thermal rest roll mattress
- The traditional tip for your guide and cook
- The last lunch
Bring For Trek Huchuy Qosqo Plus Salt Mine Machupicchu 3D2N
- Sleeping bag (Minus 8ºC)
- Some warm clothes and walking sticks
- Layers for variable temperatures, especially at night
- Sun protection and sun hat, then sunglasses
- Some pair of socks, then gloves
- Insect repellent, and some rain poncho and a good rain jacket
- Bathing clothes for the warm spring at Aguas Calientes town
- Personal medical kit with some antibiotic pills and also for the high altitude
- Original passport and ISIC student card if is applicable
Options For Trek Huchuy Qosqo Plus Salt Mine Machupicchu 3D2N
- First US$ 20 for the Down sleeping bag
- Second US$ 20 for rented Backpack
- US$ 20 pair of trekking poles
Price: For Trek Huchuy Qosqo Plus Salt Mine Machupicchu 3D2N
US$500.00 per person
- US$ 480 with Isic student card
- 2-3 person group us$ 600 per person
- 4-5 person group us$ 550 per person
- 6-8 person group us$ 550 per person
- We help you with 6kg, of your personal belongings for the trek.
How I Book Huchuy Qosqo Trek Peru?
To book this itinerary, you have to send us a deposit of US$150 dollars through our PayPal account, and PayPal charges 7% from any amount of money to send, so that means you need to send us, US$160, and then the rest of the money in cash, when you arrive in Cusco city and then, you need to send us the following details to our Gmail: email@example.com
- The date of the tour and type of tour
- Number of people
- Address in Cusco city to pick you up for the following tours
- Email and WhatsApp to keep in touch
- Passport copy through WhatsApp to pay the Peruvian tax
Then, we send you an email confirmation of the deposit and the tour.
Note: The US$160 dollars deposit, is per person for booking this tour, then the rest of the money in Cusco city in cash, it can be in dollars or soles, this is up to you, also please the final payment with good US$ bills, because the broken dollars bills no working in Peru.
This is our PayPal account to send the deposit: firstname.lastname@example.org