Explore Vilcabamba Machu Picchu adventure trek, located in Peru, with plan Vilcabamba trek Machu Picchu 5 days 4 nights, so Vilcabamba Tour has beautiful landscapes, starting the expedition through the brown Andes mountains, then passing through the beginning of the Amazon jungle, where we watch some coca bush, coffee, tea farming fields.
Also, along the route, we see the amazing changing nature colors, starting from the brown Andes mountains, then arriving at the green Andes mountains, where to see many types of citric trees, then some small waterfalls, so we arrive at Huancalle farmer village, from where we start out adventure hike for a couple of days to Machupicchu.
To keep enjoying your Vilcabamba trek, when you are tired, you can ride a horse for the uphills, then still finish this trek through the Andes mountains on the way to Machupicchu, and enjoy the views of some snow-capped mountains, and some little lakes along the route.
Vilcabamba Trek To Machu Picchu
Firstly, Vilcabamba in Peru is an Inca fortress, divided into two-sector, urban and agricultural sectors, where lived Inca nobles and farmers, also this Inca site is located at the beginning of the amazon jungle of Peru, with outstanding views to the valley of Huancalle village.
Also, see the nice part of this Inca site is the religious sector, located at the slope part of the mountain, with beautifully shaped rocks, and nice carvings lines, where the Incas performed human sacrifice, with the chosen girls, named, Acllas.
Therefore, hiking Vilcabamba Trek for a couple of days is a magical connection with the beginning of the Amazon jungle and the brown Andes mountains with gorgeous views.
Moreover, we hike through the original Inca time trail, starting from the beginning of the real Amazon jungle and plus hiking through the brown Andes range, then back to the beginning of the Amazon jungle with watching plenty of coffee plantations along the route.
This is the most famous hike at the beginning of the Amazon jungle and connection with two important Inca fortresses and excellent overall views, and comfortable campgrounds, hiking Vilcabamba is an excellent way to experience what these incredible mountains offer in Peru
Vilcabamba To Machu Picchu
Vilcabamba is one of the nice Inca trail hiking adventures in the Cusco region in Peru country, for a couple of days with camping, being a nice expedition to Machu Picchu city.
Firstly, we start hiking from the beginning of the amazon jungle and then arriving at the top of the brown Andes, then again arriving at the beginning of the Amazon jungle, where we see a lot of coffee plantation fields with some tropical fruit trees, then arrive at the Aguas Calientes town, then the final day, have a tour in Machu Picchu Inca city.
Descriptions about Vilcabamba Trek To Machu Picchu In Cusco Peru
This amazing hike to Vilcabamba Trek and Machu Picchu is located to the southeast of Cusco city Peru and is a hidden Inca treasure made in 1400 after Christ, this trek is at the beginning of the Amazon jungle of Peru and located at 2900 masl (9,514ft).
Also, this Vilcabamba hike is very beautiful and super quiet and is a hike for 4 days in the Andes mountains and the beginning of the Amazon jungle of Peru.
So, we start this trip from Cusco city, by our private car riding through the sacred valley, then arriving at the pass of the Andes mountain, named Abra Malaga, then ride through the beginning of the Amazon jungle and see some waterfalls along the drive road.
Then, we arrive at Huancalle village, for the beginning of our trek with our experienced tour guide, and professional chef, who cooks healthy organic food along the trek.
So, the Vilcabamba trek in Peru to Machupicchu is typically completed on a 5-day itinerary, and before hiking this amazing trail, we recommend you, spend some days in Cusco city, at least 2 days to acclimatize your body to high altitude.
Itinerary For Vilcabamba Trail To Machu Picchu Cusco
Day 1: Cusco Huancacalle Vilcabamba Trek Machu Picchu 5 Days 4 Nights
This hike is amazing, starting from the beginning of the Amazon jungle, and seeing the coca bush farming along the road, and for this trip, we pick you up at your hotel by 5:45 am.
Then, we ride our car for an hour and 45 minutes to Ollantaytambo Village, where you get some breakfast, and then we ride our car, through the pass called, Habra Malaga, where the best views are amazing and see some snow-capped mountains.
Afterward, down the valley through the beginning of the Amazon jungle.
Along the ride, we see coca bush farming fields and nice waterfalls, and great canyon valleys, and once we arrive at Hunacalle village we get our packed lunch.
Then, we hike to Vilcabamba the last refuge of Incas in Spanish time, so the hike is 2 hours round the trip from the camp, and recommended hiking poles if you have some knee problems.
- Accommodation: Camping Huancacalle(3000 masl/ 9,842 ft)
- Today’s walk: 2 hours
- 6 kilometers, which is 7 miles
- Accommodation in camping tents
- Here there is electricity to charge cameras
Day 2: Huancacalle- Asuntina Pass – Racachaca
Wake up time is 4:30 am and then breakfast afterward we hike uphill for 4 hours observing some flora and fauna sometimes and arriving at the pass Asuntina, located at 3915 masl( 12,844 ft), and then hike some downhill for 30 minutes for lunch, then we hike through nice vegetation, downhill for 40 minutes and then some gentle part and by the end some uphill to the campsite.
So this Vilcabamba Trek Machu Picchu 5 days 4 nights is hiking through the well-preserved Inca road, and see some nice snow-capped mountains, and then following the crystal clear stream with a nice hike, and arriving at the camp, named Racachaca (3600 masl/ 11,811ft)) or Hatun Pampa and arriving here by 5:30 pm
- Today 1 pass
- Today’s walk is 9 hours 18 kilometers
- Accommodation in camping tents
Day 3: Racachaca – Hatun Pampa – Yanococha Pass – Mutuypata
Time to wake up with some coca teá and then breakfast, then hike today is uphill for 3 hours to Yanococha Pass located at (4230 masl) and then comes some little downhill, then uphills and downhills with gentle parts for 2 hours and view to some small lake named Yanacocha lagoon and then climbing to the second pass, named Tullu Tacanca pass located (4400 masl/ 14,435ft).
Then, along the road, we see more small lakes and one big lake, hiking through a highland grass trail with spongy moss and then arriving at the third pass located at (4450 masl/14,599 ft) named Abra.
Then, some downhill for 30 minutes for the lunch place and afterward downhill for 3 hours, until the beginning of the Amazon jungle and camp here, and the place is called Mutuy located at (2,650 masl/ 8,694ft).
- Today one big pass, then two small passes
- Today walk 9 hours and 19 kilometers, which is 12 miles
- Accommodation in a camping tent
Day 4: Mutuypata – Yanatile – Hydro-Electric Station – Aguas Calientes Town
After breakfast, our trek is all downhill for 10 minutes, then we hike car road for 4 hours and hike through the beginning of the Amazon jungle and having warm temperature, and the hike is through the canyon and next to a river and continues by coffee plantations, then fruit-trees and granadilla plantations, also hot pepper bushes and then arrives at Yanatile village.
So, from here we ride a car to the Hydro-Electric station, and have packed lunch and then we hike for 3 hours a side of train lines to Aguas Calientes town, so the hike is through the valley of Machupicchu city, from where you see the magical mountain of Machupicchu and Huynapicchu and agricultural terraces then we arrive at Aguas Calientes town and have some option hot spring which is 30 degrees Celsius.
- Accommodation in Hostel
- Today walk 6 hours and 12 kilometers, which is 7 miles
- Time to ride car an hour, from Yanatile to the Hydro-Electric train station
Day 5: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco
Breakfast at 4:30 am and then we ride a bus up to Machu Picchu, so as soon as we get to Machupicchu, we see the sunrise if you are in the dry season, and then tour in Machupicchu for 3 hours.
Then, the way back to Aguas Calientes town by bus, which 30 minutes, and then have some optional lunch, and afterward we ride the train the way back to Ollantaytambo, which takes 2 hours, and then a private car to Cusco city for another 2 hours and then as soon as we arrive in Cusco we drop you off at your place and this is the end of our adventure of Vilcabamba Trek Machu Picchu 5 days 4 nights.
Included: For Vilcabamba Trek Machu Picchu 5 Days 4 Nights
- Pick you up from your hotel at 4:30 am.
- Private car to Huancacalle and amazing views along the ride
- Two people per tent or can be one person per tent too (large and comfortable) and roll mattress.
- English-speaking tour guide with an oxygen tank and first aid kit with Fingertip Pulse Oximeter for your safety
- 6 kilos porter service for your personal items and extra clothes, mattress, sleeping bag to be carried by mules, (so you just carry your daypack with everything for the day hike).
- Full board meals 5 Breakfasts, 5 Lunches, 4 Dinners.
- Vegetarian, vegan or special diet meals upon request
- Dining and cooking tents with tables and chairs
- Horses to carry tents, food, and cooking equipment, then hot water for washing purposes
- Safe boiled drinking water to fill up your drinking water bottle
- Hostel in Aguas Calientes Town double or triple accommodation
- Rain ponchos
Not Included: For Vilcabamba Trek Machu Picchu 5 Days 4 Nights
- Sleeping bags
- Inflatable mattresses and hiking sticks, you can hire them in our company
- The traditional tip for the working team
We Recommend: For Vilcabamba Trek Machu Picchu 5 Days 4 Nights
- Sleeping bag (Minus 8ºC
- Layers for variable temperatures, especially at night
- Camera with the charger, there is electricity in the first camp
- Sun protection sun hat and sunglasses
- Some pairs of socks, gloves, scarf, and woolen hat for cold nights
- Mosquito repellent and some rain gear
- Extra plastic bags, especially in the wet season, and some rain cover for your backpack
- Bathing clothes for the hot springs if you feel like going to Aguas Calientes town
- Personal medical kit
- Original passport and ISIC student card if applicable
- Some money for things along the road since there are some shops
Some Rent: For Vilcabamba Trek Machu Pichu 5 Days 4 Nights
- First US$ 25 for the Down sleeping bag
- Second US$ 25 for rented Backpack
- Third US$ 20 for a pair of trekking poles
- Fourth US$ 25 Inflatable mattresses
Price Information: For Vilcabamba Trek Machu Picchu 5 Days 4 Nights
- US$650 per person: In this price, includes everything and shared group
- We take care of it all from door to door
Please Note: For Vilcabamba Trek Machu Picchu 5 Days 4 Nights
- US$ 590 with Isic student card
- 2-3 person, group us$ 1,300 per person
- 4-5 person, group us$ 950 per person
- 6-8 person, group us$ 720 per person
- We help you 7 kg from your personal belongings for the trek
- Daily departures
Note: We do some discounts, for groups, for Vilcabamba Trek Machu Picchu 5 days 4 nights, just contact us¡.
Why Vilcabamba Trek Peru?
Hiking this amazing trail mountain in Peru is unique, and is much better than other alternative hikes in Peru, since, for this Vilcabamba Trek in Peru, we start from Cusco city, and run by car through the famous sacred valley of the Incas, then arrive during the drive to the highest pass of the Andes mountain, afterward driving through the beginning of the Amazon jungle and see of tropical fruits and coca bush.
Then, trek the Andes mountain range with a connection to the beginning of the Amazon jungle, and along the trek see some lagoons with some snow-capped mountains, so this place is mainly for the ones, who want to enjoy the trek without many tourists, and the most important in this trek you visit two Inca sites, such as Vilcabamba in the day one, on the afternoon, then Machupicchu by the end of this mega-adventure.
Book Vilcabamba Trek In Peru
For booking this tour, you have to send us, a deposit of $120 dollars through our PayPal account, and PayPal charges 7% from any amount of money to send, and the %7 is charged to you, so that means you need to send us $128 and then the rest of the money in cash when you arrive in Cusco city and then, you need to send us the following details to our WhatsApp number: +51 943388685
- The date of the tour and type of tour
- Number of people
- Address in Cusco city to pick you up for the following tours
- Email to keep in touch
- Passport copy, the profile side to pay the Peruvian tax
Then, we send you an email confirmation of the deposit and the tour.
Note: The $128 dollars deposit, is for any number of people, for booking this tour, then the rest of the money in Cusco city in cash, it can be in dollars or soles, this is up to you, and also please the final payment with good US$ bills, because the broken dollars bills no working in Peru.
This is our PayPal account to send the deposit: email@example.com