Get your Vilcabamba Trek to Machu Picchu located at Cusco Peru with plan Vilcabamba trek Machu Picchu 5 days 4 nights, so this trip Vilcabamba Trek In Peru start from Cusco city with private car then hike the Vilcabamba Trail to Machupicchu through the Peruvian andes mountains and then hiking at the beginning of the amazon jungle.
So hiking Vilcabamba is visiting the Inca time site, which is divided between two sector, urban and agriculture sector, where lived Inca time people and this site is located at the beginning of the amazon jungle of Peru with outstanding views to the valley of Huancalle village and also the nice partr of this Inca site is the religious sector, located at the slope part of the mountain with beautiful shaped rocks and nice carvings lines, where the Incas made human sacrifice.
Come with us to this magic hike, since we are recommended by real testimonies on Trip Advisor company at Cusco Peru.
Descriptions about Vilcabamba Trek To Machu Picchu At Cusco Peru
This amazing hike to Vilcabamba Trek and Machu Picchu is located to the south east of Cusco city Peru and being hidden Inca treasure made in 1400 after Christ and this trek is at the beginning of the amazon jungle of Peru and located at 2900 masl (9,514ft) and this Vilcabamba hike is very beautiful and super quiet and being the hike for 4 days at the andes mountains and the beginning of the amazon jungle of Peru.
So we start this trip from Cusco city by our private car riding through the sacred valley then arriving to the pass of the andes mountain then ride through the beginning of the amazon jungle then see some waterfalls then arriving to Huancalle village for the beginning of our trek with our experienced tour guide and professional che, who cook organic food along the road.
Day 1: Cusco Huancacalle Vilcabamba Trek Machu Picchu 5 Days 4 Nights
This hike is amazing starting from beginning of the amazon jungle and see the coca bush farming along the road and for this trip we pick you up at your hotel by 5:45am then we ride our car for an hour and 45 minutes to Ollantaytambo Village, where you get some breakfast and then we ride our car, through the pass called, Habra Malaga, where the best views are amazing and see some snow-capped mountain and afterwards, down valley through the beginning of the amazon jungle.
Along the ride we see coca bush farming fields and nice waterfalls and great canyon valleys and once we arrive to Hunacalle village we get our packed lunch then hike to Vilcabamba the last refuge of Incas in the Spanish time, so the hike is 2 hours round the trip from the camp and recommended hiking poles if you have some knee problems.
- Accommodation: Camping Huancacalle(3000 masl/ 9,842 ft)
- Today walk: 2 hours
- 6 kilometers, which is 7 miles
- Accommodation in camping tents
- Here there is electricity to charge cameras
Day 2: Huancacalle- Asuntina Pass – Racachaca
Wake up time 4:30am and then breakfast afterwards we hike uphill for 4 hours observing some flora and fauna sometimes and arriving to the pass Asuntina , located at 3915 masl( 12844 ft) and then hike some downhill for 30 minutes for lunch, then we hike through nice vegetation, downhill for 40 minutes and then some gentle part and by the end some uphill to the campsite.
So this Vilcabamba trek Machu Picchu 5 days 4 nights is hiking through the well preserved Inca road and see some nice snowcapped mountains and then follow crystal clear stream with nice hike and arrive to the camp, named Racachaca (3600 masl/ 11,811ft)) or Hatun Pampa and arriving here by 5:30pm
- Today 1 pass
- Today walk 9 hours 18 kilometer
- Accommodation in camping tents
Day 3: Racachaca – Hatun Pampa – Yanococha Pass – Mutuypata
Time to wake up with some coca teá and then breakfast, then hike today is uphill for 3 hours to Yanococha Pass located at (4230 masl) and then comes some little downhill, then uphills and downhills with gentle parts for 2 hours and view to some small lake named Yanacocha lagoon and then climbing to the second pass, named Tullu Tacanca pass located (4400 masl/ 14,435ft)
Then a long the road we see more small lakes and one big lake and hiking through highland grass trail with spongy moss and then arriving to the third pass located at (4450 masl/14,599 ft) named Abra and then some downhill for 30 minutes for the lunch place and afterwards downhill for 3 hours, until the beginning of the amazon jungle and camp here and the place is called Mutuy located at (2650 masl/ 8,694ft).
- Today one big pass then two small passes
- Today walk 9 hours 19 kilometers, which 12 miles
- Accommodation in camping tent
Day 4: Mutuypata – Yanatile – Hydro-Electric Station – Aguas Calientes Town
After breakfast our trek is all downhill for 10 minutes then we hike car road for 4 hours and hiking through the beginning of the amazon jungle and having warm temperature and the hike is through the canyon and next to a river and continue by coffee plantations and then fruittrees and granadilla plantations also hot pepper bushes and then arrives to Yanatile village.
So from here we ride a car to Hydro-Electric station and have packed lunch and then we hike for 3 hours a side of train lines to Aguas Calientes town, so the hike is through the valley of Machupicchu city, from where you see the magical mountain of Machupicchu and Huynapicchu and agricultural terraces then we arrive at Aguas Calientes town and have some option hot spring which is 30 degrees celsius.
- Accommodation in Hostel
- Today walk 6 hours 12 kilometers, which is 7 miles
- Time to ride car an hour, from Yanatile to Hydro-Electric train station
Day 5: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco
Breakfast at 4:30am and then we ride bus up to Machu Picchu, so as soon as we get to Machupicchu we see the sunrise if you are in dry season and then tour in Machupicchu for 2 and half hours and then in your free time you can go to the sungate, if you feel like hiking so the hike is gentle uphill and 2 hours round trip.
Then the way back to Aguas calientes town by bus, which 30 minutes and then have some optional lunch and afterward we ride the train the way back to Ollantaytambo, which takes 2 hours and then private car to Cusco city for another 2 hours and then as soon as we arrive to Cusco we drop you off at your place and this is the end of our adventure of Vilcabamba trek Machu Picchu 5 days 4 nights.
Included: For Vilcabamba Trek Machu Picchu 5 Days 4 Nights
- Pick you up from you hotel at 4:30 am.
- Private car to Huancacalle and amazing views along the ride
- Two people per tents or can be one person per tent too (large and comfortable) and roll mattress.
- English speaking plus paramedic tour guide with oxigen tank and first aid kit with Fingertip Pluse Oximeter for your safety
- 6 kilos porter service for your personal items and extra clothes, mattress, sleeping bag to be carried by mules, (so you just carry your daypack with everything for the day hike).
- Full board meals 5 Breakfast, 5 Lunches, 4 Dinners.
- Vegetarian, vegan or special diet meals upon request
- Dining and cooking tents with tables and chairs
- Horses to carry tents, food and cooking equipment then hot water for washing purposes
- Safe boiled drinking water to fill up your drinking water bottle
- Hostel in Aguas Calientes Town double or triple accommodation
- Rain ponchos
Not Included: For Vilcabamba Trek Machu Picchu 5 Days 4 Nights
- Sleeping bags
- Inflatable mattress and hiking sticks, you can hire them in our company
- The traditional tip for the working team
We Recommend: For Vilcabamba Trek Machu Picchu 5 Days 4 Nights
- Sleeping bag (Minus 8ºC
- Layers for variable temperatures especially at night
- Camera with the charger, there is electricity the first camp
- Sun protection sun hat and sunglasses
- Some pair socks, gloves, scarf and woolen hat for cold nights
- Mosquito repellent and some rain gear
- Extra plastic bags especially in wet season and some rain cover for your back pack
- Bathing clothes for the hot springs if you feel going in at Aguas Calientes town
- Personal medical kit
- Original passport and ISIC student card if applicable
- Some money for things along the road since there are some shops
Some Rent: For Vilcabamba Trek Machu Pichu 5 Days 4 Nights
- First US$ 25 for the Down sleeping bag
- Second US$ 25 for rented Backpack
- Third US$ 20 a pair of trekking poles
- Fourth US$ 25 Inflatable mattresses
Price Information: For Vilcabamba Trek Machu Picchu 5 Days 4 Nights
- US$650 per person: In this price, includes everything and shared group
- We take care of it all from door to door
Please Note: For Vilcabamba Trek Machu Picchu 5 Days 4 Nights
- US$ 590 with Isic student card
- 2-3 person group us$ 1,300 Per person
- 4-5 person group us$ 950 per person
- 6-8 person group us$ 720 per person
- We help you 7 kg from your personal belongings for the trek
- Daily departures
Note: We do some discount for groups for Vilcabamba trek Machu Picchu 5 days 4 nights, since this company is run by locals and just write us to talk about this trip and price.